Rapidly growing manufacturing company in Reno, NV is looking to add a talented Sr. Electrical Engineer to their Engineering team!
This vital role is essential to provide sound technical expertise to design, develop, test and implement product components.
- Evaluating corrective aspects of new product or design concepts, including all necessary functions leading to presentation and suggestion of possible solutions
- Planning and performing design development tasks from concept to implementation.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs for all stages of design and development,
- Provide technical advice and particular expertise to department personnel.
- Offering and providing technical leadership and assistance to lower level department personnel.
- Proper documentation of the performed task including description, specification, testing and implementation.
- Clear presentation of developments or designs at design reviews.
- Independently taking control and completing assigned major sections of a new product development effort.
- Troubleshooting production floor problems and completing design changes, as a result of investigation.
- Timely completion of the assigned development task for performance and compliance with standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in the design and development of discipline product components.
- Extensive motor control design experience.
- Analog & digital circuit design.
- Control systems and motor drive design.
- Design experience with CPLDs, FPGAs, M3 microcontrollers, Optical Encoders, Hall-effect current sensors, MOSFETs, Op Amps, ESD & overcurrent protection, DC-DC switching power supplies.
- LTSpice, OrCAD, VHDL knowledge. Experience designing to FCC Class B standards.
- Must be able to direct board layout designers to produce FCC Class B compliant designs.
- Support other departments, troubleshoot circuit boards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering,
- Strong ability in understanding & application of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics, engineering statistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word.