Jobs in the Kimco Spotlight
Field HR Business Partner (Lowell, MA)
Growing fast paced retail company is hiring a Field Human Resource Business Partner to join our growing team in Lowell, Massachusetts.
This is a full time, permanent position with excellent benefits(NOT a contract job). Position will travel to various retail store locations in the Lowell area, and is NOT a remote position. You will be working onsite at different store locations daily in the designated Lowell, MA area. This position is Monday-Friday working day time hours.
o MUST be Ok with regular daily site visits (company car is provided)
o Main focus: Recruitment/Hiring/sourcing, Worker’s compensation administration, ER/Investigation/documentation
o Success factors: Strong documentation/written, influencing skills, flexible to ever changing priorities
• Strong focus on recruitment efforts; from initial sourcing, screening and interviews, to extending offers of employment, in collaboration with the local operating team.
• Manage full employee life cycle including timely facilitation of termination process.
• Manage Worker’s Compensation administration for their region; including reporting, appropriately maintaining electronic and/or paper record, facilitating the interactive process and or accommodation / modified work needs. Professionally represent the company at legal proceeding and Workers Compensation hearings.
• Oversee all employee relations issues to resolution including due diligence, conducting investigations, disciplinary action, external communications, maintain accurate and complete documentation of employee counseling/investigations.
• Ensure new employees complete administrative paperwork in a timely manner. Assist in the on-boarding process, including data entry into HRIS systems.
• Serve as trusted advisors, build relationships with Director of Operations, District Managers, Store Managers and employees so that HR is the first to know if and when issues arise within the region.
• Will write, maintain and support a variety of reports using appropriate reporting tools, including quarterly metrics, and will work closely with management to analyze data and make recommendations for performance improvement.
• Work with District Managers to assess the ongoing training needs of the teams at each location. Conduct various training programs or coordinate with outside contractors to deliver needed training.
• Work closely with the HR Leadershipteam to develop and implement short- and long-term planning for employee development and job growth.
• Partners with Corporate HR and function as point of contact and liaison with region to deliver full HR services
• Must be available to resolve issues and counsel managers as needed. Process confidential data and information according to guidelines.
• Assist HR Department with special projects, audits, surveys, and/or spreadsheet analysis as needed or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• PHR and or SHRM–CP are a plus
•2+ years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in human resources
•Strong experience in recruitment
•Solid knowledge of HR principles, industry practices, employment law and regulatory requirements related to human resources policies is needed.
•Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism with the ability to respond to inquiries, problems, or complaints from employees and management.
•Able to negotiate effectively to resolve complex employee relations issues.
• Strong documentation ability, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
• Excellent verbal, written, influencing and interpersonal communication skills needed.
• Commitment to excellence, a willingness to learn, flexibility to change and good judgment in decision-making and interpersonal relations.
• Must be a self-starter with high energy level and ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on needs of the programs that we serve.
• MS Office proficient. ADP experience is a plus but can be learned.
• Able to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Occasional pressure to produce under deadlines.
• May be required to work beyond standard office hours and weekends from time to time.
• Travel to sites in Lowell, MA territory is required. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable with company auto policy.
Base Salary: $65,000-85,000/yr. depending on experience level.
Return to Job Listings