CNC Maintenance Mechanic
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour DOE
Schedule: 5:30AM - 1:30PM with occasional overtime
Location: Westminster, CA
Performs difficult and complex maintenance/repair of the facility's structure, equipment and grounds, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC.Primary Responsibilities
- Perform industrial machine repair service, troubleshoot and complete preventative maintenance for CNC, mills, lathes and grinders.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls, mechanical, hydraulic pneumatics, spindles, ball screws and HVAC while maintaining a safe and clean work space.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects uses parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts; installs special functional and structural parts in devices; lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repair electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot CNC Machines.
- Provides guidance to lower level Technicians; assists management with performance evaluations.
- Works with manufacturing or process engineering in the installation or repair of building plumbing and wiring required in the production process.
- Makes periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary.
- Works from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 5+ years experience as a Technician in an industrial maintenance environment
- Experience working with CNC machines as well as conventional machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, drill press, etc.
- Electrically inclined and capable of performing wiring of control panels, etc.
- Understanding of blueprints, schematics, etc.
- HVAC knowledge and repair experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Electrical and/or HVAC certification is a plus!
How to Apply:Please submit your updated resume in a Word format for consideration.
With 30 years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 22,000 jobs.
Keywords:Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Technician, PLC, PLCs, programmable logic controller, troubleshoot, repair, preventative maintenance, Allen Bradley, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, CNC, mill, lathe, drill, ginder, HVAC