Growing state-of-the-art, high-technology, manufacturing facility has a new opportunity for a Recycling & Wash Line Manager in Vernon. This position supervises the PET Recycling and wash-Line operations over four shifts in a 24/7 operation. This manager will drive the highest levels of productivity and develop policies and standards to produce the highest quality, lowest cost product in the safest and most efficient manner. In this role, you will help the company achieve its first goal of maximizing production volumes on a continuous basis for Phase 1 which will lead to significant company and personal growth.
- Build a culture of Safety First.
- Provide practical, daily, hands-on management of the Sort, Grind and Wash equipment to exceed production expectations
- Work closely with the department’s leads and operators, and the quality department to ensure product quality meets or exceeds company standards.
- Manage activities across all shifts through four shift-lead direct reports. Focus on machine uptime, preventive maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Closely manage all employees and conduct or coordinate the necessary training for both the individual associates and the team to ensure a high level of operational competence.
- Implement and enforce established policy and strategy.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of production data.
- Lead all continuous improvement efforts through the development and maintenance of an organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously reducing faults.
- Manage the efforts of operating teams in the efficient conversion of materials into quality products in a safe, secure and sanitary manner within the product specifications.
- Recommend and implement changes in methods, equipment, systems, and organization, as needed, to assure that the objectives of the area are met.
- Manage employee relations issues; guide and direct the hiring, training, retraining, development, and motivation of operations associates following self-managed, team working principles with a minimum degree of guidance from the V.P. Operations.
- With general guidance of the V.P. Operations and through operations teams, establish line performance standards and goals, and measure, control, take corrective action and report results as appropriate.
- Working together with other management, utilize the technical resources on each shift for the preventive maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of process equipment problems, with the objective of effectively using these resources to achieve desired performance levels.
- Assist the V.P. Engineering in the implementation of improvement strategies that will help the line/area perform more effectively in the near term.
- Collaborate with the V.P. Operations & V.P. of Human Resources, to evaluate associate performance and develop, in conjunction with associate's plans training and mentoring programs to increase skills to maximize their contribution to the Company and challenge their potential.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, technical qualification or basic sciences/ business-related disciplines.
- 5-10 + years of experience in a similar recycling operation
- 5 + years of hands-on people management experience with similar workforce
- Technical knowledge and understanding of PET recycling business
- Practical knowledge and understanding of recycling/wash line equipment and processes
- Experience of making safety the preeminent factor over production or quality
- Solid experience with GMP practices
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a big plus
- Strong character, with a positive, can-do spirit, who will spend the majority of their time on the factory floor working with and mentoring their teams.
- Able to lift, move or push 50 pounds on occasion as needed