Job Title: Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Pay:$16 per hour
Schedule:M-F 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Location: Torrance, CA
Company Overview:Great opportunity to work directly with a stable and growing company.
Benefits: Client offers benefits upon hire.
The Shipping Clerk will be responsible for the following:
- To ship, receive, and deliver supplies, materials and equipment, and maintain inventory control and records
- Receives and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas
- Tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves and rotates inventory; may maintain equipment and vehicles.
- Inventory maintenance and clerical. Participates in physical inventories of warehouse; maintains inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received
- Operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information; provides information using customer service skills
- May prepare damage claims for supervisor's review and signature.
- Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Experience: handling, storing, and shipping materials or supplies; operating material handling equipment; accessing information on a computer; reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness
- Willingness to: bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8 hour shift; work in dusty and dirty conditions; handle and store materials; clean and maintain a safe working environment.
- Associate will pulling orders, picking and packing and other general labor duties.
- Picking and packing, Distribution experience a plus.
- Must be High school graduate or GED
- Must be able to lift at max. 25 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Juan at email@example.com in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities