QA Manager / Metallurgist
The QA Manager / Metallurgist is responsible for the safety, environmental results, quality, efficiencies and effectiveness of the assigned departments. The individual will act as a management representative for Quality Assurance and ensures that company policies and guidelines are accurately interpreted and implemented. Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective quality assurance processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Plans, coordinates and directs quality control programs designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and established proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Conducts microscopic studies of metals and alloys to determine their physical characteristics such as crystal structure, dispersion of alloy particles through basic metal, presence of impurities, fractures, and other defects in metal samples. Develops hot working, cold working, heat-treating and aging processes, provides support for process control and process improvement initiatives to obtain desired characteristics such as ductility, malleability, elongation, durability and hardness.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product and minimize costs.
- Directs workers and Supervisors engaged in inspection, NDT and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Makes staffing recommendations and reassignment of duties as required
Directly and/or indirectly supervises QA Supervisors, and other employees assigned to the QA departments. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the QA departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the HSE responsibility, organization's policies and applicable laws; Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy or Material Science and minimum 10 years directly related experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of AS9100 quality standards.
- Working knowledge of relevant quality and engineering documentation, technical reading and writing, knowledge of manufacturing processes and NADCAP.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must be able to write accurate reports, business correspondence, technical manuals, and policies, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with highly complex mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract concrete variables.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation such as but not limited to Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access, Project Plan or corrective Action system.
- Evidence of “US person” is required under ITAR