Job Title: Production Unit Manager
Pay: $85 K- $115 K depending on experience
Schedule: M-Th 1st shift 9 hours and 1/2 day on Fridays and must be flexible for Overtime
Location: Torrance CA
Job Type: Direct HireThe Production Unit Manager will be responsible for the following:
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, vacation and holiday pay, FSA and 401 (k) plan.
The Production Unit Manager will oversee and coordinate activities within their assigned production unit(s) in an efficient manner to achieve the optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes methods in accordance with product specifications, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) and quality standards. The individual ensures that company policies and guidelines are accurately interpreted and implemented. Monitors process, quality and quantity of production to make sure we achieved out daily/weekly and monthly target.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
- Ensures production goals are met within the assigned production unit(s) in order to meet production unit goals and deadlines.
- Manage the daily production unit meeting (Problem Solving Management). Ensure that all HSE, quality, production problems are resolved during production unit meetings and address results vs. KPI’s with cross functional departments.
- Responsible for directing and managing Production Group Supervisors and other department employees as needed; provide the necessary tools, knowledge, and support to ensure success in their job.
- Develop as needed a vision, strategy, and key objectives inline with the Company’s goals and having the leadership skills to “lead by example” the execution efforts against these key objectives.
- Ensure within reason that assignments, tasks assigned, concerns affecting quality of the product, and established agreed upon objectives are completed on time or in those cases they can not, notifying supervision.
- Provides insightful leadership that generally creates positive morale.
- Assigns machines and manpower to meet production schedules and provide on-time delivery to customers.
- Manage the manufacturing of products to meet deadlines and production goals.
- Manages production to meet monthly budgets.
- Organize process data using tools such as 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to reduce process variation and improve quality and throughput.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance and machine uptime.
- Devise Departmental Action Plans that support achievement of the Company’s and Department’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Assigns and schedules work to production employees, including supervisors and manufacturing engineering.
- Observes equipment usage and employee quality of work and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Monitors tools, material, quality and production.
- Drives corrective actions and confirms full cycle of problem solving and prevention.
- Organize and maintain high standards of performance, quality and customer service for the production unit.
- Responsible for implementing company policies and guidelines as prescribed by management.
- Implement and maintain training for job related functions.
- Interview, evaluate, hire, train, motivate, supervise and discipline all personnel under direct supervision.
- Performs personnel functions; Coaches for improved performance, identifies/develops high potential employees, conducts performance evaluations, disciplinary action and recommends compensation increases within company guidelines.
- Ensure all people placed under their assigned area of responsibility, or all persons who may be affected by equipment or processes placed under their responsibility are complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local and State government, and policies, procedures and plans.
- All employees are responsible for attending all training provided and for adhering to all HSE procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and
safe operating procedures at all times. Responsible for the safety program implementation of all Factory personnel.
- All employees are required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required in related field (Mechanical Engineering preferred) with a minimum of 7 years management experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a diverse environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Certification and/or experience in the following; 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Knowledge of manufacturing methods, Operation management, process improvement, and industrialization.
- Experience managing projects / action plans.
- Microsoft Office Software knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- ITAR requirements
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Lisa at email@example.com in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities