Job Title:Maintenance Mechanic
Pay:$22-$25 per hour depending on experience
Schedule:M-F 10 PM- 6:30 AM
Location: Torrance, CA
Company Overview: Great Food Manufacturing company in the South Bay area.
Job Type:Direct Hire
Benefits: Great benefit package offered including Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday and vacation pay, 401K and FSA available.The Maintenance Mechanic supports the operational effectiveness of the production department by responding to breakdown calls, trouble shooting, analyzing and repairing mechanical equipment.
- Responding to breakdown trouble calls and brings machines to their proper running state, including troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Receiving work from shift supervisor or manager, and carrying out assigned duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing mechanic duties at all locations.
- Completing assigned Preventative Maintenance (PM) work on assigned machines.
- Dismantling, repairing, and re-assembling gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment.
- Reading and understanding blueprints for working systems.
- Promoting safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with all established safety procedures.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred
- 3 years experience as a Maintenance Mechanic within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and air systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees. Spanish comprehension preferred
- Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Courteous, polite willingness to assist and go the extra mile. Friendly and approachable. A real Team Player
- Strong electrical skills (Trouble shooting and installation)
- Strong emphasis and focus on Safety, someone who has been recognized in the past for this or has been a member of a safety committee would be a huge plus.
- Strong Leadership abilities
Please email your resume to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities