Growing food production facility in Stockton is now seeking experienced Maintenance Supervisor with strong leadership to add to their team! In this role you will report to the Maintenance Manager and will assist in the efficient maintenance of the facility and equipment. During the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will assume all responsibilities associated with the management of the Maintenance department and personnel. For the most part, it will be day shift hours with an early morning start time (typically 4am or 5am) and may involve some weekends. Must be flexible to work a night shift if needed.
Manages between 8-15 employees in the Maintenance department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This includes planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Acts on the General Managers behalf as needed or as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5 + years of bakery or food Maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and come to a valid conclusions. Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Read, analyze and understand documents(production schedules, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,& procedure manuals).
• Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Able to speak to groups of employees or coworkers in the organization.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word word processing software, Excel spreadsheet software, E-time and Outlook email software.
• Knowledge of inventory control and Production SAP.