Growing fast paced logistics company in South Gate has immediate opportunity for an experienced 1st or 2nd shift Assistant Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor. This is a full time direct hire opportunity with an established company and excellent benefits package!
Shifts are4 days a week and 10 hours per day, but sometimes work 12 hour day. Sometimes workholidays and weekends are required.
During peak season, it is common to work 5-6/days a week.
In this role you will Supervise and coordinate activities of 20-50 employees pertaining to ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
- Reviews inbound appointment log and open order report each day in order to plan work activities.
- Plans inbound and out bound schedules accordingly to meet customer metrics.
- Determines staffing needs based on work load and schedules staff accordingly.
- Assigns employees to specific duties based on work load and shipping schedules.
- Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse associates.
- Tracks productivity and qualifies performance by individual, function, and department.
- Works with Inventory Control to ensure the highest level of inventory accuracy possible.
- Manages payroll of department.
- Advises employees on handling of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
- HS diploma or GED
- Supervisory experience in a warehouse or logistics role