Growing food production facility in Santa Fe Springs has immediate need for an experienced Seamer Mechanic!
This is a full time permanent position in an established company with great benefits (NOT a temp job).
Hours: 1st shift position typically working 4am-2pm, typically also a maintenance day on Saturdays.
Salary: $28-38 per hour depending on experience level
What You Will Be Doing:
Provide proper maintenance to keep equipment running and efficiency at 85% as a minimum for fillers, seamers, oiler conveyors, can washers, conveyor belts and other packing related equipment to efficiently meet quality standards and production daily requirements.
- Maintains, repairs and able to rebuild seamers/fillers up to manufacturer specifications; repairs oiler conveyors, can washers, conveyor belts, fillers and other packing-related equipment.
- Change filler formats when needed.
- Able to setup and adjust seamers to achieve proper seams, according to specifications.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Checks belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chain, etc. for wear to replace/repair prior to failure.
- Promptly attends a breakdown or malfunction.
- Disassemble and re-assemble fillers for sanitation activities.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, parts, tools, racks, materials, etc. clean, orderly and properly stored.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to maintain equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the parts room personnel to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available.
- Double checks that all parts obtained from the parts room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Makes sure the preventive maintenance (PM) program is followed and tasks are completed as scheduled and documented.
- Confirms all preventive and/or corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Reports the status of activities to supervisor on a daily basis (written and/or verbal).
To apply: Please send resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com