Immediate positions available for experienced Conveyor Maintenance Mechanics in a growing distribution facility in Carteret, NJ.
Pay Rate$26-30/hr. depending on experience level.
Open positions include
Morning shift 6am-3pm
Afternoon shift 2pm-11pm
These are full time, permanent positions with excellent benefits, NOT a contract job. In this important role you will be conducting repairs and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyors, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines and equipment.
Pay Rate: $26-30 per hour plus excellent benefits!
- Knowledge and experience working with conveyor systems, electrical 3-phase motor controls/PLC, overall material handling experience.
- Perform repair /inspection, installation of conveyor system, racking, balers, air compressors, carton sealers, etc. and all other building and support areas.
- Recognize potential malfunctions and proactively repair to mitigate costs.
- Maintain complete repair order records.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience working on industry related conveyor systems
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required