Growing company in Santa Ana is looking for an experienced Wastewater Treatment Operator to join their team on 2nd shift.
This is a permanent full timerole with an established company. Great stability, and excellentbenefits.
This position will perform a variety of duties in support of the wastewater treatment operation in the designated facility, to include the inspection, monitoring, and maintenance for the pump stations.
Pay Range: $24-27/hr.
• Responsible for the general operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment facilities including batch treatment of plating wastewater, operation of a filter press and calibration of pH meters.
• Initiates corrective actions for equipment deficiencies as necessary.
• Maintains records per prescribed guidelines.
• Ability to use the AA for frequent analysis of treated wastewater.
• Maintains inventory of wastewater process supplies.
• Maintains the wastewater treatment area in good housekeeping order according to OSHA and environmental guidelines.
• Adheres to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment and systems involved in the wastewater treatment and associated processes.
• Perform scheduled lubrications, cleaning of channels, tanks, sumps, repacking of pumps.
• Return plant equipment and processes to operating status following shutdowns, power outages, etc.
• Calibrate chemical analyzers.
• Keep work records and prepare reports.
• Operate equipment’s such as forklifts, when necessary.
• Performs general cleanup of tools, equipment, and areas, such as spills, plating lines, hazardous waste, scrubbers, and waste water.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is a must.
• Must have a Certification in Industrial Wastewater Treatment.
• 1 year experience working with industrial chemicals, or in metal plating environment
• 1 year experience in Wastewater treatment operations License, Registrations or Professional Designations
• Current CA Drivers license
• Familiar with wastewater, water reclamation, and related treatment processes
• Knowledge of tools, materials, and equipment used in the inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance repair and operation of pumps
• Experience in safety procedures
• Ability to work in a team
• Follow instructions
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• English (reading, writing, speaking) is a must
• Bilingual (English Spanish) is a plus