Growing food manufacturing facility has immediate need for an experienced Maintenance Manager to oversee their maintenance team.
In this important role you will manage approximately 10-14 mechanics that are split up on both the day and evening shifts.
Mainly this will be a morning shift position in order to be present for department meetings, etc. but will also need to have some flexibility to sometimes work a bit on the evening shift to manage the performance of mechanics and ensure company production is kept at optimal levels while working safely and efficiently.Main Duties:
- Team leadership and mentoring, training.
- Establish and meet critical timelines for equipment rebuilds and repairs.
- Maintain budget control for maintenance and labor expenses.
- Coordinate with operations to accomplish scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
- Drive technology improvement and provide technical leadership and development for the maintenance foremen and personnel.
- Evaluate all plant equipment for design changes to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Provide direction and management for preventative maintenance program updates.
• Bachelor of Science Degree - with a technical concentration is strongly preferred (or technical work experience)• 5+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting (food manufacturing a plus)• Ability to prioritize and solve multiple tasks at any given time.• Knowledgeablein electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.• Skilled in utility system maintenance practices.• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, applied creativity and problem-solving skills.• Thorough knowledge of maintenance scheduling, cost tracking and forecasting.• Able to read and understand blueprints including process flow diagrams and ladder logic diagrams.• Working knowledge of mechanical drive systems, refrigeration, pneumatics, electrical/electronics, and PLC’s