Industry: Pipe and Supply distribution
Job Title: Payroll Supervisor
Location & Shift: San Juan Capistrano, CA - 1st Shift
Hours: Flexible schedule -8 am-4 pm or 9 am-5 pm
Pay/Job Class: $85K
The Payroll Supervisor will lead in overseeing payroll, payroll tax, and timekeeping processes to ensure accurate payment delivery and recording. In this role, the individual will be the subject matter expert on all payroll functions such as leading the quarterly and annual filing process and overseeing the timekeeping functions.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Manage payroll, payroll tax, and timekeeping department operations utilizing Paylocity for multiple locations.
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings and company deductions.
- Monitor and oversee weekly and biweekly timekeeping files to ensure proper balancing.
- Oversee weekly timesheet processing
- Review adjustments and other Miscellaneous files, e.g., 401k, bonus, OT and commissions.
- Assist with review and audit of the US biweekly payrolls.
- Review and approve weekly and biweekly payroll tax reconciliations.
- Work closely with Director of HR and VP Finance to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Set up and maintain a variety of payroll records, ledgers, and files.
- Responsible for accurate periodic and quarterly ADP tax filings and year-end w2 statements.
- Work with Director of HR and VP Finance on payroll accounting streamlining efforts.
- Review and periodically update payroll, timekeeping and leave policies and procedures.
- Support internal and external payroll and labor reporting requests.
- Ensure payroll compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Assist with internal and external audits (i.e. workers comp, 401k, EEO, Bureau of Statistics).
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll and labor.
- Assist manager and peers with additional tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of payroll processing with multi-site experience
- Advanced experience and working knowledge of Paylocity (3 years)
- Working knowledge of Paylocity Reporting (3 years)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) a plus
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations as it pertains to employee withholdings
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills