Job Title: Communications Technician (Any Communication Majors with Audio/Video/Media Expertise!!!!!)
Location: Riverside, CA
Company Overview:Working for The City!
Job Type:Temporary (Part Time Hours)
TheCommunications Technician will be responsible for the following:
· Coordinate departmental communications including acquisition, maintenance and repair activities for radios, pagers, cell phones and related equipment; inspect new equipment for compliance with specifications; follow-up with vendors; and maintain records on equipment.
· Assist in the administration of the departmental communications budget and service contracts; procure needed equipment at the lowest reasonable cost to the City.
· Coordinate production services related to both taped and live telecasts, video programs and training films.
· Set up, operate and maintain studio, production facilities and field production elements and equipment including scheduling and staffing, television cameras, video records, microphones, lights and graphic equipment.
· Direct program production from original concept to completed project.
· Maintain audio visual recordings in accordance with Assembly Bill 839.
· Assist with special events and ensure proper public awareness of City programs through video documentation.
· Design and produce identification cards for departmental personnel and USAR. · Research, recommend and implement new equipment and technologies.
· Create videos and training materials.
· Assist with Emergency Operations Center (EOC) set up and operation.
Qualifications for theCommunications Technician:
Education:Equivalent to the completion of an Associate Degree (60 semester units) from an accredited college or university in communications, journalism, television production or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Experience:Two years of experience in professional telecommunications including one year of experience with audio-visual support.
Necessary Special Requirement
Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
Call to Action: Call us at 951-686-3800 or apply on line
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.