Company information: MFG Company is a manufacture of plastics and metal parts for the aerospace industry with a wide array of high-quality parts!
Industry and what does the company do? Manufacturing company based in Los Angeles is seeking a Lay Up Technician!
Job Title: Lay Up Technician
Location: Long Beach
Pay:$20.00 to $25.00 (depending on experience)/Job Class:Temp-to-Hire
Summary:The Lay Up Technician provides hands-on labor for support of manufacturing and laboratory work. Requires high precision production techniques using fragile materials to fabricate flight hardware. Technician must be self-directed to accomplish scheduled objectives, requiring limited supervisory oversight.
- Kitting prepreg materials for lay-up
- Perform Lay-Up process per drawing requirements
- Perform tooling prep work
- Prepare bagging, including placement of bleeders, thermocouples, probes and vacuum connections
- Vacuum bag processing, boding, and oven/autoclave curing
- Check expiration dates of materials prior to use, prepare proper mixes of resins and catalysts
- Monitor and verify quality of finished product.
- Complete repairs on composite, metal or laminate bonded products using inspection and rework instructions
- Meet ITAR Requirement
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 50 pounds, and working overhead
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, read Travelers and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes
- Must be willing to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working within a fast-paced production environment
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities