Great Manufacturing company in the Inland Empire seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist.
This Corporation has been around more than 100 years. A recognized world leader in the design, development and manufacture of integrated military life support systems. They are the world’s largest supplier of aircrew and tank crew helmets.
Pay rate: $18 - $23 hr depending on experience
9/80 schedule, off every other Friday. 1st shift
PURPOSE (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, it is responsibility of the Quality Assurance Specialist to lead, implement, maintain and evaluate the company’s quality assurance system programs, support process and product quality program compliance, to company and customer requirements. Additionally the Quality Assurance Specialist will be capable of functioning as an inspector for product requiring complex measurement.
Minimum of an Associate degree from an accredited college or university, trade school or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
3-5 minimum years’ experience in a Quality Assurance position in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Proficient in MS Office such as Word, Power Point, Excel etc.
- Strong Working knowledge of process instructions and process procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principals is desired
- Experience in Quality Assurance with knowledge of ISO 9001 and or AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Must be proficient in the use of full spectrum of inspection equipment; i.e., calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height gages, etc.
- Experience in surface plate setup and First Article inspection required.
- Experience with coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and optical measurement systems
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, and compliance audits; investigating customer complaints.
- Collaborating with peers, supervisors and managers to coordinate and drive corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Directs quality initiatives by requiring adherence to quality assurance policies and procedures; developing new models; implementing changes.
- Assists in and coordinates continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assists in preparation for internal and third-party audits.
- Perform factory floor audits of raw materials, finished products, manufacturing operations and test procedures.
- Compiles monthly data for Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Supports and coordinates Management Review
- Investigate in-house, customer and supply chain root cause and corrective action (RCCA) activities.
- Ability to write/construct and implement SOPs, work instructions and form documents.
- Inspects Life Support Equipment assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts and material to ensure compliance to blueprints, specifications, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Inspects and tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified conditions.
- Performs mechanical inspection, visual inspection and verifies various certifications and test reports for compliance to requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Submit resume for immediate consideration email@example.com, also follow up with a phone call 909-390-9881
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than16,000 jobs.