This position performs Receiving, In- process, Final Inspection, and testing of Life Support Equipment assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts and material to ensure compliance to blueprints, specifications, work orders, purchase orders, and other activities assigned by the quality manager.
Minimum High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), Associates Degree preferred. ASQ Certifications in mechanical inspection and auditing are highly desirable.
Minimum (5) years of Mechanical and Electrical Inspection experience preferably in an Aerospace environment & (2) years of supervisory/lead experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be capable of day to day supervision of inspection personnel.
· Must be proficient in reading, interpreting and inspecting to blueprints, GD&T, ASME Y14.5, etc.
· Must be proficient in the use of full spectrum of inspection equipment; i.e., calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height gages, etc.
· Experience in surface plate setup and First Article inspection is required.
· Effectively manage the flow of purchased parts from Receiving Doc to stock for production release.
· Establish work priorities in coordination with planning & production team.
· Ensure that all team members adhere to standard inspection work instructions.
· Perform other duties as assigned. In performing such duties occasional lifting of parts, etc., will be required
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.