Excellent opportunity for an experienced Industrial Process Engineering to join a growing distribution center in Perris, CA!
This position is responsible for identifying and leading efforts that are focused on process improvements and retail distribution advancements.
Will identify and lead improvement efforts through all stages of the basic Lean Sigma process (DMAIC, Lean, PDCA, etc.) to simplify all DC processes and reduce related costs within the Supply Chain value stream.Also leads the operational readiness activities associated with new building start-ups and re-configurations of existing buildings. Additional responsibilities include partnering with Network Strategy, DC Operations, and Training to provide cross functional project support.As process change ideas are implemented, the Process Improvements Engineering Manager will also be responsible for creating/maintaining process documentation and control with DC Operations and Training.
- B.S. degree in Industrial/Systems Engineering preferred or equivalent field or proven experience in engineering field
- ·4 – 8+ years related engineering experience; retail distribution operations preferred
- Minimum of Green Belt certification in Six Sigma, Black Belt preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to project manage and work independently across one or more improvement projects,
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred Successfully interface with all levels and areas of the organization and provide clear and concise project summaries
- Must have highly developed problem-solving skills
- Lead complex cross-functional strategic projects, facilitate Kaizen, utilize and teach DMAIC techniques, and effectively drive value and change within organization
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills
- Time study, work measurement, and /or data collection experience for the development of engineered labor standards with LMS experience preferred
- Must be skilled in use of Microsoft suites of Office products, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project; Expert level preferred Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Minitab and model simulation experience preferred
- Travel between 25-50% of the time