Job Title: Die Maker
Pay Rate: $35-$40 per hour
Schedule: M-F 4 AM- 7:00 PM (flexible schedule)
Location: Paramount, CA
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Great opportunity to work directly with a stable and growing company.
The Die Maker will be responsible for the following:
- Assemble die components in die shoe to produce stamped product to specifications.
- Construct and repair/replace metal forms for use on tooling for progressive stamped products.
- Fabricate die components using mills, surface grinders, lathes, and other metal working machines with close tolerance.
- Determine metal flow in dies, select allowances, perform difficult development work, make tool tryouts, and diagnose/correct problems.
- Determine accuracy of fabricated components as compared to tool drawings using measuring equipment such as micrometers, tool makers’ microscope, comparator, etc.
- Ensure successful start of production order by assisting production personnel to properly set die in stamping press.
- Update and maintain die log books including notes regarding intervals for preventative tool maintenance.
- Maintain 5S discipline in designated work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. 5-7 years experience in high speed, progressive, precision metal stamping manufacturing environment required.
- Blue print reading and QA Inspection skills also required. CAD/Solid Edge experience is preferred. Journeyman certification a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or employees. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or customer executives.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Juan at firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities