The Forklift Operator will potentially carry out all driving and manual activities such as pulling freight from stock, staging orders to the dock, offloading inbound containers, loading outbound trailers, putting merchandise away in dedicated location from inbound containers, general pallet movements and any other duties determined by the Captain, Operation or Building Manager.
All candidates will need to have a high attention to detail. They should also have the ability to work well without direction following safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using power or manual equipment operating the equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined work methods and procedures.
• May be responsible for assisting the offloading crew in pulling off product or pallets from Inbound Containers. May need to pull and physically lift product or pallets to assist the offloading crew palletize merchandise. Efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the designated area.
• May be responsible for moving freight to and from the staging dock using a forklift, pallet jack or hands. Will need to stage outbound orders together as much as possible. Must be able to read all information and verify the correctness of the pallet flags located on each pallet.
• May be responsible for pulling merchandise from stock locations ensuring the exact number and type of product is loaded. Must be able to use a RF Gun and follow location instructions.
• Will need to load outbound containers in the required time frame per carrier/vendor instructions. All freight will need to be verified and accurately counted before being loaded onto an outbound container.
• During non-peak times, drivers will need to help maintain the dock areas by cleaning and sweeping. Also, they will need to be willing to float between departments and assist where they are needed.
• Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assists in building cleanup.
• Ability to work overtime or weekends as needed, especially during peak season.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.