EVS Technicians Needed!
A well respected and established health care organization in Orange County is looking to grow their EVS Team. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to Irvine@MediQuestStaffing.com, or call 1-833-633-7878 and ask for Nancy.
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position: Environmental Health Services (EVS)
Schedule: 1st or 2nd shift (must be flexible to work weekends and holidays), Full Time. 1st shift: 5AM, 2nd shift 11am, all shifts are 8 hour. Hours will vary 32-40 hours per week
- Effectively cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and departments utilizing the proper cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals. Includes cleaning of bathrooms, walls, windows, doors, floors and carpets.
- Empties trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transports soiled linens according to department standards. Cleans and maintains trash chute room floors/walls/vents.
- Assists with distribution and storage of supplies.
- Safely and securely handles and transports medical waste; ensures medical waste storage areas are secured at all times.
- Recognizes, comprehends and follows the meaning/direction of, designated signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Cleans and organizes janitor closet per department and regulatory standards; ensures janitor closet is locked and secured at all times.
- Uses chemicals in a safe manner; uses dispensers correctly to fill labeled bottles and containers with correct chemicals at all times as trained.
- Adheres to health and safety standards.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to write in English.
- Basic computer skills to include the ability to utilize email program and complete computer-based training courses with minimal assistance.
- Previous hospital and/or hospitality housekeeping experience.
- Experience with the operation of a variety of cleaning equipment such as vacuums, extractors, bovac, and roto.
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension sufficient for understanding job specific forms, documents, signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Recognizes and comprehends emergency and urgent situations and is able to react and communicate so others understand.
- Ability to work well with others, follows instructions, and schedule flexibility due to needs of hospital.
- Lead EVS Tech must exhibit leadership skills and be able to oversee the work of peers and effectively communicate with team members and all levels of management in the organization.