Job Title: Shipping Clerk
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: M-F 8 AM- 4:30 PM plus overtime
Location: Long Beach, CA
Company Overview: Great opportunity to work with a stable manufacturing company.
Job Type: Direct Hire
Benefits: Available upon hireThe Shipping Clerk will be responsible for the following:• Coordinate / Consolidate orders and Obtain shipping quotes from various carriers and select the most cost effective and economical method possible while providing customers with superior delivery performance• Work closely with Production Planning and SIOP Manager to ensure customer orders are shipped on time.• Prepare shipping documents, packing slips, labels, export documentation, Bill of Ladings, etc.• Shrink wrap or palatalize and band each shipment to ensure material is secure for transport (Road / Ocean or Air)
• Load / Unload trucks, stage and stock materials with Forklift
• Load trucks as required and ensure proper weight and weight distribution is in compliance with DOT (department of transportation) and meets federal and state requirements.
•Verify weight, Alloy, heat number, and customer of each container being shipped is accurate before and AFTER loaded on truck
• Post the daily shipping recap by end of each day and submit all shipping paperwork to sales for invoicing
• Order shipping supplies as needed with the approval of SIOP Manager and/or Operations Manager.
• Participates in and completes training as prescribed by immediate manager and/or in compliance with corporate offices.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Shipping / Receiving process for productivity, accuracy and capability.
• Ability to lift and or move, by pushing / pulling up to 50 lbs.
• High school or equivalent.
• Minimum Three (3) years’ experience as Shipping and Receiving Clerk in a related aerospace field, metal industry or manufacturing environment
• Thorough understanding of shipping and receiving procedures required
• Forklift and pallet jack experience required.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbally.
• Proficient with computers (Word, Excel, Power point, publisher, Lotus Notes), ability to navigate different carriers websites.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic in various units of measure, using Metric & English whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, percentage.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, safety rules, Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Write routine reports or correspondence.
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Susie at firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities