Purpose of Position:
Inspection of large diameter vacuum ingots for non-conformities such as cold laps, inclusions, porosity, proper surface finish, and piping. The Inspector will also be asked to measure/weigh completed ingots, to help control traceability by ensuring proper traveler completion, and affirmatively ID (stencil) finished product. The Inspector may be called upon to designate non-conformities by red-banding lots and segregating material.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Confirm that all Travelers are completed in compliance with AS9100 prior to Certification
· Confirm Alloy type check ingots using Niton.
· Check for acceptable pipe tolerances using calipers or other inspection tools.
· Stencil ingots along their length. Rubber stamp ingots on the bottom end.
· Package ingots according to customer requirements.
· Return ingots to specific process when rework is called for.
· Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
· Participate in Corrective and Preventative Action Investigations
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Inspection department for productivity, accuracy, and capability
· Segregate non-conforming material and ensure all documentation associated is completed.
· Perform minor repairs to cathode and small diameter products
Qualifications & Experience:
· Must meet ITAR Requirements
· High School Degree or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous Aerospace work is highly desirable.
· Must have full English fluency and the ability to read and interpret documents, safety rules, work instructions, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Will be required to write routine reports or correspondence and assist with Corrective Action investigations.
· Must be able to understand and fill out AS9100 compliant job routers.
· Ability to perform basic arithmetic in various units of measure, using Metric and English whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, percentage.
· Must be able lift up to 50 lbs.
· Will be required to become forklift certified.
· Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required by the job.
· Must be able to communicate and work with coworkers and supervisors.
· Specific vision abilities required close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and recognize color.
· Required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb or balance. Required to reach and manipulate using hands and fingers. Frequently required to use gloves, Steel Toe Boots, earplugs, safety glasses, other industrial PPE and/or breathing apparatus.
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Leslie at Lramirez@kimco.com in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.