Port Dispatch Manager
Fast-growing intermodal transportation company with annual revenues of more than $30 million. We have been operating for over 15 years, with offices in Long Beach, CA.
We offer 100% COVERED medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacations, holidays and sick days, and more for our employees!
This role reports to the Director of Operations, will manage all dispatch operations. Plans, directs, and controls pick-up and delivery scheduling for port and inland drayage operations, truck allocation, dispatching, and communication functions to drive the economical utilization of dispatch facilities personally or through subordinate supervisors. Strategic planning and forward thinking to meet or exceed service level requirements of customers. Ability to prioritize and provide direction to team with best course of action in a high paced and time sensitive environment. Implement best practices to minimize operational costs through productivity and cost related to demurrage / per diem of containers and chassis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Daily Dispatch management which includes implementing process and procedures to minimize operational costs through route optimization and productivity.
- Development of Dispatchers and Drivers. Train, mentor, and prepare staff/company drivers to be best in class.
- Ensure full compliance of all DOT regulations including Hours of Service for all drivers in real time.
- Accountable for Driver KPI performance – Proof of Delivery, Event Confirmation, and On-Time delivery performance.
- Accountable for coordination of training and retraining of drivers for Driver KPI metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in intermodal transportation.
- Strong management and customer relations skills
- Proven working experience as a dispatch manager
- Experience in operating in a LEAN Management environment
- Process oriented, focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to dynamically manage workload allocation of the team
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- A qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a dispatch manager. Minimum of Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Background check required.
Please send resumes in MS Word format to Mary at email@example.com