Well-established manufacturing company is now hiring for Maintenance & Engineering Manager to add to their growing Long Beach, CA facility!
This role will be instrumental in developing a culture of proactive maintenance and continuous improvement within the engineering team. You will provide engineering plant leadership, facilities management, and strategic vision within the business. The plant items include vacuum melting with induction furnaces, ingot finishing process equipment, handling devices and peripheral equipment, facilities engineering and transportation vehicles.
- Promoting a proactive safety culture leading to safe working practices for all engineering department and facility contractors.
- Develop a complete plant TPM program and drive strict adherence by empowering ownership to production operators and maintenance technicians.
- Establish a strategy for controlling stock levels in the maintenance stores appropriate for planned maintenance work and breakdown requirements.
- Implement and maintain planned / corrective maintenance procedures for the manufacturing plant and equipment.
- Analyse incidents and make recommendations for changes to processes or procedures in order to optimize plant and resource performance.
- Ensure plant, equipment and department workshops look presentable at all times as a start for implementing a 5S program.
- Support the Health & Safety Manager to ensure health and safety and environmental legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation such as drawings, test certificates, and risk assessments are updated at appropriate intervals.
- A Degree or Qualification in a relevant Engineering / Plant maintenance discipline is a must
- Certification in Lean manufacturing principles such as Six Sigma (Green Belt, etc.) desired
- 8 + years of extensive experience in the management of plant maintenance and facilities engineering.
- Experience in “World Class Manufacture” or similar Engineering management approach is highly desirable.
- Implementing or working with maintenance management software is a requirement.
- Vacuum melting, induction furnaces, foundry or other manufacturing processes involving vacuum would be a significant advantage.
- Excellent communication and effective leadership skills need to be combined with the ability to identify and lead change