Growing manufacturing company in Long Beach now hiring a Chemistry Lab Tech for their night shift!
This is a direct hire/permanent position, with benefits (not a contract).
HOURS: 8:00 pm-8:00 am three to four days per week
Training will take place on the day shift before moving to night shift.
PAY RATE: $20.50 /hr. to $22.50 /hr. plus OT
This position is responsible for the daily activity that involves analysis of a variety of elements associated with alloy manufacturing using:
- OES (Optical Emission Spectrometer)
- XRF (X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer)
- Carbon/Sulfur and Oxygen/Nitrogen Analyzers
- Various laboratory preparatory instrumentation/techniques
Prepare sample for XRF, OES, C/S and O/N analysis (polishing, grinding and cutting).
Maintain inventory of standards & other consumable materials (check of quantity and expiration dates).
Perform cleaning, routine and preventative maintenance of the laboratory
preparatory and analytical instruments (as assigned by supervision).
- Operate the XRF, OES, C/S and O/N analyzer for analysis of raw materials (as applicable), preliminary, and final certification samples.
- Calculate alloy corrective additions.
- Store & file samples in accordance w/internal & customer record retention requirements.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in and complete training as needed
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work required with hazardous chemicals like acid solutions.
- Help to clean and maintain an organized work environment, including proper disposal and/or storage of hazardous waste materials.
- Associate degree (A.S.) in Chemistry or equivalent. (Equivalence is a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a laboratory setting operating equipment such as XRF, OES, LECO instruments or equivalent, and completion of a least one college level chemistry class).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with computers (word, excel, power point, lotus notes)
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in various units of measure, using Metric & English whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, percentage and parts per million (ppm).
To apply send resume as MS Word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration