A growing engineering consulting firm, specializing in mechanical HVAC, electrical, and plumbing design is looking for an experienced Sr. Structural Engineer to join their team.
- Participate in structural computations and analysis of concrete, steel, Masonry and timber structures and conducts calculation checks.
- Design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team.
- Make technical assumptions, think independently to complete assigned work, and draw engineering conclusions.
- Perform assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer's projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Exposure with Revit and AutoCAD required
- 10+ years’ experience in the analysis and design of structures with emphasize on seismic design required
- Knowledge of building codes and the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) required
- Experience working on military bases, federal buildings, airports, and data center projects preferred
- PE or SE is preferred
- Working experience with structural engineering software such as Enercalc, RAM, RISA, ETABS and SAP or similar tools required
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills required
- Preferred software knowledge and requirements include: AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, Bentley software, BIM, RAM, RISA, Word and Excel
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience on federal projects particularly NAVFAC West is preferred
- Previous government, institutional, or commercial facilities background is preferred