A leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company is Hiring individuals with Sharp Detail-Oriented Skills!
The Company is looking for people that share the same passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally.
Your expertise will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love!Title: Sr. ChemistLocation:
: $38.00 to $41.00 an hour (DOE)
The Senior Chemist independently performs QC laboratory chemical analyses of raw materials, in-process materials, stability and finished products, and testing to support process validation according to approved test methods or protocols. Has expert proficiency in conducting all types of physical and chemical analyses (including the most complex analyses) using all equipment. Collaborates with Technical Services to perform methods transfer testing. Detects, investigates, and reports on OOS/OOT/NOE and other investigations. Troubleshoots analyses and instrumentation. Regularly leads and/or trains less senior staff. May perform scheduling activities within the group in consultation with lab management.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently conducts laboratory analyses according to approved methods: finished product testing, stability testing, raw material testing, cleaning verification testing and manufacturing in-process testing. Typical activities may include buffer/solution preparation, standard preparation and operating analytical instruments: HPLC, UV-Vis, FT-IR, GC and dissolution tester, melting point apparatus, viscometer, Karl Fischer titrator, pH meter, analytical balance, etc.
- Uses laboratory software for analyses
- Reviews and approves laboratory test data and documentation for completeness and compliance. Requests corrections as required to meet Quality Standards
- Is alert to and detects abnormalities during performances of tests and reviews
- Performs lab methods transfer, participate in method validation/verification studies and evaluate compendial method changes according to pre-approved protocols
- Collaborates with Supply Chain to support manufacturing activities
- Researches and recommends the purchase of new technologies for the laboratory under the supervision of management
- Provides general laboratory support such as routine instrument cleaning/preventative maintenance/calibration, sample receiving, chemical inventory, document filing and housekeeping
- Takes active role in keeping the laboratory work areas clean and in a state of compliance
- Troubleshoots instrument/chromatography problems and identifies improvements/CAPAs
- May lead investigations, including, detection, conducting, and reporting on OOS, OOT, and NOE
- May review questionable sample results, OOS, and aberrant results
- Writes, edits and reviews SOPs and laboratory investigations
- Maintains assigned training records current and in-compliance
- Actively assumes/demonstrates responsibility in training others in good documentation practice, practical lab skills, and chemical theories, methodologies and procedures
- Performs assigned work in a timely and safe manner conforming to regulatory, company and compendiaI requirements within pharmaceutical manufacturing setting
- Bachelor of Science Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field with 6+ years’ relevant analytical laboratory experience OR
- Master’s Degree in above disciplines with 4+ years’ relevant analytical lab experience
- Has advanced knowledge of laboratory software and has expanded knowledge of chromatographic software (e.g. Waters Empower, Agilent ChemStation and Sotax WinSotax), using custom fields, custom calculations and custom reports
- Expert proficiency with various laboratory techniques/instruments: HPLC, UV-Vis, FT-IR, GC and dissolution tester, melting point apparatus, viscometer, Karl Fischer titrator, pH meter, analytical balance, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and stays current with applicable safety and standards guidelines, such as SOP, cGMP, GLP, DEA regulations and/or MSDS
***How to Apply:Please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Us at 949-855-0300.