Growing metal distributor company that has been in business for over 50 years is adding to their team and hiring a Counter Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA to join their team! This is a direct hire, permanent position (NOT a temp job)!
HOURS: Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) Some Saturdays as scheduled
PAY: $15.00-16.50 per hour depending on experience
- Customer Service/Satisfaction--making the customer our priority #1, assuring continued to do repeat business with our company.
- Showroom Floor Support – Greeting Customers on the showroom floor, assisting them in locating material and answering questions about materials and pricing. Providing customers with product brochures and catalogs as needed.
- Teamwork--Being a team player and supporting all associates to assure customer satisfaction and treating all team members with respect.
- Inventory Control-- Being proactive when ordering material. Keeping designated areas fully stocked and organized. Passing on information to proper personnel to assure inventory control throughout our company
- Product Knowledge and Machinery--Becoming familiar with stocked and surplus products, alloys, sizes, types and answering questions
Great customer service skills are a must
Previous retail experience is a plus such as at Home Depot, Lowe's, hardware stores, PepBoys, etc.
Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop creative solutions.
Able to read and interpret various screens, pricing, inventory, customer information, proper part numbers, etc.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills. Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written to communicate clearly, concisely
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to be an effective team member and lead fairly complex projects.