Our client a leader in the biomedical industry is looking for a Accounting/Purchasing Assistant for their facility in Orange County.
Pay: 16.00-18 DOE
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: Temp to Hire
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Inputs cash receipts data into the computer and verifies by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Assists the Accounting Associate of the accounts receivable, collections, and deposit issues and resolving accounts receivable problems with clients.
- Maintains accurate customer files; keeps track of name changes, mergers, address changes, and mailing attentions for the shipping and fulfillment department; relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and posting of accounting documents, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts, and related operating reports.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping.
- Assists in Processes Purchase Orders.
- Purchasing and sourcing of various supplies including but not limited to raw chemical reagent, paper goods and plastic materials.
- Perform inventory analysis on all assigned raw material to determine appropriate action given material on hand and quantity required based on pre-existing forecasts.
- Help to categorize raw material vendors based on specific criteria such as on-time delivery, responsiveness, criticality, number of sku’s purchased etc.
- Establish and maintain pertinent vendor relationships
- Obtain detailed forecasts for all assigned raw materials which can be used to execute purchase orders with delivery timelines.
- Purchase material for facility as needed.
Preferred skill set
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping theories and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner.
- Excel, Word, and Quickbooks.
- Previous purchasing related experience
Minimum Skill SetAll interested and qualified candidates are asked to reply to this posting and to call Kimco today at 949-757-4600
- Strong Organization skills
- Recent college grad with a Bachelor'sor Associate Degree
- Interest in operations, accounting, or purchasing
- Ability to learn
Kimco Staffing Services is a rapidly growing, award-winning staffing firm whose purpose is to add real value to our clients and candidates while "Changing lives, One Job at a Time." We have won Best Of Staffing Client and Talent satisfaction awards from Clearly Rated for the last 10 years. Only 2% of staffing companies nationwide receive this recognition! We support our teams, candidates, and clients with strong operational excellence and state-of-the-art industry software platforms.