In this role you will be responsible for managing, directing, motivating, and reporting safety and quality aspects of the packaging line and the general work area . Supervise and coordinate activities of personnel assigned in the operating of injection molding machines, secondary equipment and packaging process as well as assembly operation of any and all products as required.
- Ensuring correct reporting of: manufacturing operating ERP system transactions, MOS documents, time studies (Observations), and scheduling of labor and machines, daily assignments, vacations, and absentee coverage.
- Create assigned employee’s performance appraisals in an accurate, clear, and non-biased performance manner. Ability to provide constructive feedback on a “one on one” basis with the employee.
- Able to drive their team to meet departmental KPI’s communicate results and status of variance action plans to explain performance, productivity, downtime, safety, and attainment.
- Able to effectively manage departmental targets, customer requirements, and company policies, rules, procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Possess leadership skills in order to serve as a role model to employees, guide and positively influence problem solving, take responsibility for his/her people, and develop a team atmosphere to achieve assigned objectives.
- Supervise an assigned group of employees and provide clear and concise assignment of work to employees, (planned quantities based upon standards).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge with a manufacturing operating ERP system (AS 400 or Prism is a plus)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Complete reports, comprehend instructions, and communicate effectively via emails. Speak effectively in front of groups of people, coworkers and suppliers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with difficult situations; find resolutions, escalate and communicate situations to Shift Manager.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Hours : 10:30pm-7:00 am Monday-Friday, weekend work is very rare
Pay rate :$20-33 per hour Depending On Experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as MS Word document for immediate consideration.