Growing manufacturing facility in Huntington Beach now hiring a Bilingual Safety Coordinator to add to their team! In this first shift position you will conduct monthly safety performance audits and inspections as well as develop, & track action items as a result of safety performance audits.Overview:
- Teach new hire and transferred employee orientations.
- Conduct specialized department and/or monthly management training as required or as appropriate.
- Facilitate the established bio-hazard waste disposal program.
- Assist management in investigation of accidents as necessary, review accident reports and track action items.
- Assists with updating department safety rules; maintain current booklets.
- Help with the maintenance of appropriate safety records.
- Ability to read chemical labels and distinguish chemical properties.
- Make a moving vehicle equipment program; train and certify employees as necessary.
- Facilitate emergency management programs and conduct annual employee evacuation drills.
- Help with the management of various safety programs, such as the Hearing Protection Program
- Assist departments with the development of JSA's or one of a number of any other safety-related items or projects.
- Responsibility for task/project management.
- Coordinate Site Safe Work, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Incident/Accident/Illness Injury Investigations and General Safety Procedures and/or Programs.
- Provide input to Manager and interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on industrial safety and health regulations, policies, standards, and programs.
- Participate actively in the local EHS community.
- Traveling between facilities is required.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate proper company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s KPIs (key performance indicators) and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
- Broad, general knowledge of health and safety regulations, California Code of Regulations, Title 8.
- Environmental regulatory knowledge a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 +years’ experience in a health and safety role.
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing safety programs in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Bilingual -must be able to read, write and speak Spanish and English
- Valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain one
- College degree or accredited certificate in Occupational Safety, Engineering or Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Safety industry certification preferred
To apply: Send resume as MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Job Listings