To ensure product and process productability is optimized through: Reduced Costs, Improved Quality, Effective Corrective action, Reduced Cycle Times and Process Capability. Performs Engineering and Quality tasks requiring knowledge and experience of engineering principles, theories, and concepts as applied to manufacturing and tooling throughout the product cycle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops solutions to a wide range of technical problems related to the product being manufactured at Ducommun.
• Develops monitors and analyzes product/process trend data and or tooling/manufacturing & inspection techniques in order to optimize performance and minimize product and process variability and associated production costs.
• Provides support for the MRR system including submitting non-conforming parts to the customer, and working with other departments to develop root cause and corrective action plans necessary to reduce: Scrap, Rework and Repair costs.
• Evaluates initial/existing programs for conformance to customer contractual requirements.
• Coordinates / Monitors results necessary to validate improvements.
• Coordinates with respective customers, vendors, and subcontractors on technical issues.
• Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies; makes modifications to existing procedures, production processes and inspection techniques.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 2-3 years experience with a Bachelors Degree in Materials Science or Metallurgy.
• Experience in aircraft manufacturing – Metal forming & NC Machining
• Experience in blueprint reading and geometric dimensions & tolerances
Physical Demands: Extensive computer work.
Work Environment: Office work, with trips to shop for posting of data in work centers.