Growingaerospace manufacturing company now hiring a Quality Engineer in Gardena, CA.
This is a direct hire opportunity with an established aerospace manufacturing company with excellentsalary and benefits.
Global provider of manufacturing and engineering services for aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
Job Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Location: South Bay
Salary$90-110k/yr. (depending on experience)
Summary:The Quality Engineer position will ensure product and process producibility is optimized through: Reduced Costs, Improved Quality, EffectiveCorrective Action, Reduced Cycle Times, and Process Capability.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of technical problems related to the product being manufactured
- Develops, monitors and analyzes product/process trend data and or tooling/manufacturing & inspection techniques to optimize performance, minimize product, and process variability, and associated production costs
- Provides support for the MRR system, including submitting non-conforming parts to the customer and working with other departments to develop root cause and corrective action plans necessary to reduce: Scrap, Rework, and Repair Costs
- Evaluates initial/existing programs for conformance to customer contractual requirements
- Coordinates / Monitors results necessary to validate improvements
- Coordinates with respective customers, vendors, and subcontractors on technical issues
- Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies; makes modifications to existing procedures, production processes, and inspection techniques
- 2-3 years' experience in aerospace
- Experience in aircraft manufacturing - Metal forming and CNC Machining a must
- Experience in Blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T)
- BS or BA required