Company information: Aerospace MFG Company is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets!
Industry and what does the company do? Aerospace company based in Los Angeles is seeking a Quality Engineer!
Job Title: Quality Engineer I
Location: South Bay
Pay:$25.00 to $33.00 (depending on experience)/Job Class:Temp-to-Hire
Summary: Reporting to the Quality Assurance department head provides Quality Engineer support for various production programs. Duties include review and incorporation of inspection methods and plans, Engineering Change Control Board member, and analysis of product and process non-conformances.
- Develop standardized work instructions, implement SS, balance lines, create process flow and linkage, develop pull systems, lead Kaizen Events and remove non-value added activities from the manufacturing process.
- Through review of engineering drawings, specifications, and related documents, develops and implements inspection methods and plans.
- Supports/assists Manufacturing Operations and Manufacturing Engineering personnel in the analysis of nonconformance root causes and implementation of effective corrective actions.
- Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and best-practices
- Aptitude for in problem solving
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to drive root cause analysis
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including Process Mapping, SS, DMAIC, Cellular Manufacturing, FMEA, Pull Systems and Continuous Improvement Events such as Kaizen or Six Sigma Projects is preferred
- One (1) to five (5) years experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering preferably in an aerospace environment
- BS or BA in Engineering or related discipline or technical equivalent
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities