Job Title: CNC Machinist
Pay:$16-$18 per hour depending on experience
Schedule:M-F 6 AM-2:30 PM(1st Shift) and 2:30PM-11PM (2nd shift)
Location: Gardena, CA
Company Overview: Great opportunity to work with a stable and growing company.
Benefits:Health benefits provided once hired by company.
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for the following:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
- Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude desired
- Basic and Advanced Math Skills including familiarity with ratios, proportions, geometry, and trigonometry is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and Mylars
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height Gage, scales, and micrometers
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
- Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Technical / Trade School strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
Please call 562-946-2616 to apply or email your resume to Juan at email@example.com in MS Word format.
By applying you are part of the Kimco Staffing TalentKapture Network Whether this is the right position for you or we have something better, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Complete your Profile for immediate consideration for all job openings
- Receive relevant communications and updates from our Recruiters
- Get connected with our Social network for job opportunities