Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Verifies and keeps records on incoming deliveries, receives and posts items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels to packed cartons identifying shipping product in cartons.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects reassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Stamps, labels, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, using online shipping software, i.e. UPS, FedEx, and others.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of online shipping software, i.e. UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Affixes labels on outside process item or stencils identifying shipping information on same.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with purchasing to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Maintains departmental cleanliness.
- Operates forklift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Abides by all company policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Hand Book, policy manuals, work instructions, bulletins and dated memos.
- Other duties as assigned
If you are the right fit for this position please contact Heidi Coronado at 714-860-7090 for your immediate appointment and/or email me your resume to HCoronado@Kimco.com