Dismantle units and inspect components for conformance to FAA specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, indicators and calipers. Evaluate condition, determine cause of defects and prepare report of findings.
Schedule: 6 AM to 2:30. PM plus OT as needed
• Assemble, test, and repair aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, and incidental mechanical units to FAA specifications. Rework electronic and electro-mechanical units including switches, potentiometers, gear boxes, circuits, regulators, pressure reducers, faucets, water systems and demand valves. Comply with all company and department policy and procedures.
• Understand regulations, specifications, and requirements associated with an FAA repair station.
• Use hand tools and measuring devices, such as flow meters, altimeters, and pressure gages.
• Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, and related documents to determine methods and sequence of operations on work orders.
• Measure parts to ensure conformance to specified dimensions using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers and calipers.
• Rework, replace, and realign parts, adjust valves, re-torque fittings, and retest units to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements: Thorough working knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanics, faucets, water systems, and hardware. Ability to read blueprints. Basic ARA product knowledge is desirable. Must be analytical and able to communicate with all levels of management and customers. Basic math skills. Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to input data on the computer.
Education and Experience: High school graduate with college or technical school studies or equivalent. Certifiable to 1 PC-A-610B Class 2 Wiring and Soldering Specification. Five years’ recent experience in the aerospace industry.
Physical demands and work environment
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. Use of hand tools. Requires twisting hand motion and application of pressure on tools and parts. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate. The individual will be working in the factory floor which is in the same building as the office and may be exposed to machine noise, fumes, and dust.
To Apply: Email your resume for consideration firstname.lastname@example.org(714) 860-7085
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California, we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 20,000 jobs!