Position: Automation Operator
Pay Range: $15.00 to $20.00, depending on experienceShift: 1st Shift- 5:00am – 1:30pm and 2nd Shift-1:30pm-10pm
This position exists to operate automated machinery for manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Sets up and operates automated systems to produce spring products that meet engineering drawing requirements and quality standards.
- Performs first article inspection and in-process quality checks.
- Performs routine operational preventative maintenance requirements.
- Monitors production schedules to ensure production commitments are met.
- Troubleshoots minor equipment issues.
- Assists with process improvement of automated systems and working conditions to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Logs in data entry information for all work orders into the ERP system.
- Ensures cleanliness of machines and surrounding areas.
- Occasionally, the incumbent will be asked and expected to perform various, miscellaneous, and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diversified in nature and may be changed from time to time to suit the needs of the company.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position:
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Familiar with a variety of gaging instruments and methods
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and work orders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Willingness to learn