Responsible for routine maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on production equipment and facility infrastructure.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Functions of the Maintenance II include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Repair and maintains production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and facility infrastructure.
- Analyze blueprints, schematics, engineering drawings and sketches.
- Modify and repair equipment to company and/or manufacturers specifications.
- Perform repairs using full range of precision measurement instruments.
- Develop, install, and set-up new production equipment and tooling fixtures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures and repairs.
- Responsible for the scheduled maintenance and repairs of company vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Perform preventative measures for safeguarding the machinery against any kind of degradation on regular basis.
- Set-up and instruct mechanics in using all machine shop equipment
- Follow all company procedures, rules and regulations, including lock-out/tag-out procedures when working on any equipment.
- Keep work area clean and put all tools away during the end of the shift.
- Report emergency requests to supervisor.
- Report and discuss equipment irregularities to supervisor and/or operators.
- Share with other departments and shifts equipment and facility issues.
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality, and work overtime when required.
- The ability to interact cordially with supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates to accomplish common tasks.
- The ability to function under highly stressful circumstances.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other functions that may be assigned
This position requires the incumbent to possess:
- High school graduate or equivalent with above average math skills.
- Minimum of three years previous experience as a maintenance mechanic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, co-workers, supervisors, outside contractors and vendors.
- Strong analytical, mechanical, electrical, and reasoning abilities.
- Results oriented.
This position requires the incumbent to undergo the following training:
- All orientation training, position training, product knowledge, basic computer operations, preventive maintenance procedures, measuring devices, product identification, safety training, quality training, and any other training deemed necessary.
- Seeing: Must be able to read documentation, measuring devices and sight inspect equipment. 75% to 100%
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to effectively communicate with others. 75% to 100%
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to move around between departments. 75% to 100%
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to climb a ladder stoop and kneel while processing working on machinery or facilities. 75% to 100%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Moderate lifting, pulling and pushing. 75% to 100%
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to use tools and measuring devices used for inspection. 75% to 100%