Kimco is currently hiring for a Third Party Logistics company located in Ontario.Our client has been in business for over twenty-five years and continues to grow in the Southern California region. They are looking for candidates with solid operations experience who want to grow with their company. They offer room for growth and temp to hire opportunities.
Job Title: Forklift Operator (with Experience operating the Sit-down, Stand-upReach and Cherry Picker forklifts)
Forklift Operator Pay: $14.50
Shifts Available: 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:30pm) Please note start times may vary based on business needs.
The Forklift Operatorwill potentially carry out all driving and manual activities such as pulling freight from stock, staging orders to the dock, offloading inbound containers, loading outbound trailers, putting merchandise away in dedicated location from inbound containers, general pallet movements and any other duties determined by the Supervisor or Manager.
All candidates will need to have a high attention to detail. They should also have the ability to work well without direction following safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using power or manual equipment operating the equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined work methods and procedures.
• May be responsible for assisting the offloading crew in pulling off product or pallets from Inbound Containers. May need to pull and physically lift product or pallets to assist the offloading crew palletize merchandise. Efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the designated area.
•Must be able to use a RF Gun and follow location instructions.
• Will need to load outbound containers in the required time frame per carrier/vendor instructions. All freight will need to be verified and accurately counted before being loaded onto an outbound container.
• During non-peak times, drivers will need to help maintain the dock areas by cleaning and sweeping. Also, they will need to be willing to float between departments and assist where they are needed.
• Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assists in building cleanup.
• Ability to work overtime or weekends as needed, especially during peak season.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
•Experienced operating a sit-down, Stand-up reach, and Cherry Picker (order picker). Will need to be certified and proficient on all three types of forklifts.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as packing slips, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction and multiplication.
• Must be able to understand basic directions written in English.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems
involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Able to successfully pass a background and drug screen.
• Present documents to proof identity and eligibilityto work in the U.S.
Physical Demands:The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
How to Apply: Call or email the following email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Main: 951-485-1650 or 951-334-2157
About Kimco:Kimco has been in business over 32 Years and last year we filled over 20,000+ jobs. Let us help you find your next job opportunity.