Growing manufacturing facility in Costa Mesa has immediate need for a talented Engineering Manager to add to their team!
In this role,you will lead a team of 6 and improve operating performance, promote efficiency and streamline operations in the facility.
- You will oversee all segments of the engineering function either directly or through subordinates.
- · Formulation and recommendation of work processes and changes in system and procedures.
- · Creation and suggestion of means to achieve the most advantages utilization of machines and equipment, facilities and manpower
- · Development / implementation of cost control programs and standards
- Establishing of time standards, recommendation of production planning, scheduling and control methods.
- Project management including managing project resources as well as supervising the people involved.
- Must be able to plan and organize for all the team’s needs from beginning to end.
- Maintain technical knowledge of the engineering process to understand the work being managed.
- Fulfill administrative duties, including budgeting and training.
- Ensures that everything involved in the engineering practice runs smoothly
- 3-5+ years of experience in production at same position
- Associates Degree or higher
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
- ISO 9001:2008
- Electro-mechanical skills are preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to create and manage production budgets
- Multi-tasking expert,
- Able to set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stays within budget.