Well hello there! Kimco is recruiting for an Automotive Production Planner for our client in the Corona area. This can be either a temp to perm or direct hire role, with pay in the $60-$80k range, full details are as follows:
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: Maintains Production output by coordinating and producing production schedules, researching and implementing strategic solutions of the flow of production and raw material
- BA in Accounting/Business Administration/Planning or equivalent is preferred.
- Some College Course work and/or a minimum of 8-10 years relevant work experience will be considered
- Communication skills essential-Ability to build both internal and external business customer/vendor relationships
- Excellent oral and written communications English skills. Strong analytical skills and attention to details. Technical Management Skills Previous aftermarket automotive experience
- Ability to read and interpret Sales Orders, Customer Purchase Orders, and Work Orders
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Excellent communications skills with both sales team and customers
- Reporting Skills – Management Level
- Advanced Computer Skills Ex. Word, Outlook, Excel, Accounting/ERP Programs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Self-confident and able to negotiate
- Must be able to effectively and timely produce productions schedules
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multifunctional teams.
- Responds timely and professionally to customer requests for information related to products
- Regular and prompt attendance per assigned schedule
- Keep management informed of all activities, including timely preparation of reports
- Assist in writing, developing, and implementing new procedures to improve Production output and meet goals
- Ability to build both internal and external business customer, vendor, and teammates relationships
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure daily production requirements through all production departments, including spring, sway bar and damper production, are achieved to meet customer expectation
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Creates production schedules and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
- Maintains the master production schedules and other reports as required.
- Review & Analysis of finish goods fill rates
- Operational guidance in regards to operating system and how products are produced. Ex. Boo Codes
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- Assist and provide back up for the Spec/Private Label Sales team.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Typically sits for extended periods at a desk and in front of a computer.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and lift (up to 20 lbs.) for short periods of time.
- Repetitive movements – Data Entry hand movement on keyboard, phone call handling
- While performing this job, an employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional standing and walking for short periods of time.