Growing facility in Commerce is looking for an experienced Logistics/Transportation Manager to join our team. In this fast paced position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including choosing which lines of truckers to use for domestic shipments in tremendous volume. Will be in charge of selecting the best carriers for freighttransportation, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage. This is a full time, day shift position working onsite (Not remote).
The successful candidate must have strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Degree is a plus but not required
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of freight shipping lines
- Comparing rates for domestic freight transportation
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills