Growing distribution center near Citadel Outlets in Commerce is adding a new Distribution Engineering Manager to add to their leadership team!
This role is responsible for all construction project and engineering related activities within the logistics area. Responsible for Site and Building Layout, Design and specifications, site location and review.
Will implement master plans to include size of distribution center and expansion timeline schedules to include planned growth for the upcoming year.
Will interact with subcontractors, design firms and construction.
Develop User’s requirements, specifications, deliverables, and milestone schedule surrounding each new DC with operations and construction
Prepare standard specification guidelines for all design and DC equipment for each DC
Review project progress against milestones and deliverables with operations and construction
Set-up a reporting method / program to report issues and progress back to management
Establish handover procedures minimizing impacts to each DC
Perform periodic Quality Control Inspections
Analyzing production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules. Recommends methods for maximizing the utilization of production facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchasing equipment in adherence with governmental, health, safety, and other regulations. Prepares cost estimates for proposed projects and evaluates cost factors; recommends changes in each Gateway pertaining to cost control, as well as time and motion, work standards, work methods, personnel utilization, service, and quality
Review weekly and monthly cost report to budget and recommend solutions for any cost overruns.REQUIREMENTS:
Send resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration
- Bachelors Degree
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Quantify the value of continuous improvement opportunities related to process design, flow of materials, facility layout and resource utilization
- Collaborate with DC leadership to define, prioritize and execute continuous improvement projects
- Provide recommendations for staffing and business forecasts
- Display a working knowledge of multi-channel Distribution Center operations