Growing wholesale manufacturer in Whittier area has immediate opportunity for a Claim and Chargeback Specialist. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits!
This important role will be responsible for chargeback and claims administration from customers and carriers. This will include data gathering, analysis, report generation, negotiation on claims and chargebacks, and implementing solutions to eliminate chargebacks in the future. This role will be a member of the Accounting team and work directly with Operations, Sales Admin and other department to resolve all issues.
- Collaborate with sales, customer service, logistics, and customers to maximize the recovery and prevention of chargebacks.
- Review and investigate credit memos for any adjustments such as shortages, price discrepancies, promotions, shortages, duplicate invoices, etc. and ensure supporting documents and backups are included
- Coordinate with logistics for Carrier claims. File claims as and follow up until payment is received
- Research and determine appropriate backup support and proof of performance for all deduction claims.
- Direct the research and adjustments of chargebacks by partnering with external teams/Depts to identify root cause for prompt resolution.
- Make recommendations for corrective actions by identifying gaps, trends, and areas of improvement to prevent similar claims arising from the same customer(s).
- Gather damaged/returned item data and work with QC team to correct issues with item.
- Review trade deductions with sales team on a quarterly basis to ensure proper deductions are being taken.
- Summarize monthly deductions, showing open deductions by customer and type, with emphasis on "unauthorized" payment deductions, open balances with steps to collect/clear items.
- Implement reporting, matrix, KPI, and analysis to Executive Leadership related to customer claims/chargebacks
- Maintains financial information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience in fast-paced Company
- Experience in navigating customers portals, example: Amazon Vendor Central, Wayfair,)
- Advanced Excel Skills (vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formulas, etc.)
- MS Office Proficiency, PPT, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast pace office environment
- This position is active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift or move items under 30 pounds.
- Requires opening and setting up product.
- Requires domestic and international travel to China (possibly a few times per year during non -Covid times).