Growing Aerospace Company in the City Of Industry is hiring a Receiving Clerk
5am to 1:30pm
Temp to Hire
Verify and keep records on incoming andoutgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling,addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving,unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; andarranging for the transportation of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Performs record keeping, data entry, housekeeping, and follows safety regulations.
Otherduties may be assigned