Reputable organization located in Chino, CA seeking Administrative Assistant.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Essential Job Functions
The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, and incumbents may perform some or all of these functions. However, this job specification is intended to identify essential functions and requirements of the job, and should not be considered all-inclusive.
• Receives the public and answers calls.
• Determines how visitors, customers, and incoming calls should be directed; answers routing questions; explains routine procedures, processes or activities.
• Distributes and explains forms, such as applications or permits; receives payment and issues receipts; obtains routine factual information to create or update work unit files.
• Types a variety of documents, such as correspondence, standard forms, charts, and reports using a computer; types from written, recorded or printed sources and/or oral instructions; proofreads materials for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Maintains database records; performs data entry; generates reports; conducts database searches.
• Prepares, validates, processes, and/or checks a variety of documents and records, such as permits and applications for completeness, accuracy, and submission standards.
• Compiles and records fiscal and statistical data according to established procedures; processes; reconciles invoices and billings.
• Compiles routine reports by extracting and/or tabulating information from a variety of sources, such as files, database records, correspondence, meeting notes, logs, previous reports, and/or oral instructions.
• Establishes and maintains files; conducts systematic file searches; maintains cross reference files or notices; purges filing system.
• Sorts and/or files materials such as correspondence, records, applications and documents/
• Prepares mailings.
• Assists with records retention activities including identifying and processing records for document imaging and/or destruction in accordance with District policy.
• Operates a variety of office equipment, such as cash register or cash box, copiers, personal computers and peripheral equipment.
• Recommends and assists in implementing office programs and clerical systems, procedures, and policies.
• May assist with research and preparation of community programs and materials.
• May be responsible for petty cash.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Modern office methods and procedures.
• Correct English usage including grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.
• Methods and techniques of implementing filing systems.
• Reception techniques and telephone etiquette.
• Utilize Microsoft computer software programs such asWord, Excel, and Access.
• Operate a variety of office equipment.
• Type at a speed necessary for the successful performance of duties, preferably at a rate of 40 net words per minute.
• Receive the public in person or over the telephone.
• Learn, interpret, explain, and appropriately apply relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
• Accurately proofread documents to identify omissions and errors.
• Accurately record information in electronic database or spreadsheet, and/or manual filing system.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Equivalent to completion of High School.
• Additional training and/or coursework in the clerical field is desirable.
• One year experience in related clerical work, involving a variety of typing, data entry, and/or office operation responsibilities.
Please submit resume in a word format to email@example.com if you're interested.
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.